Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7 e-mental health service offering free, confidential support in English and French to young people. As the country’s virtual care expert, KHP give millions of youth a safe, trusted space to talk over phone and online chat or through text message in any moment of crisis or need.
As part of their innovation imperative, Filament is helping Kids Help Phone to integrate Conversational AI into their existing suite of services to improve the User Experience. Filament will be building a chatbot to address 3 use cases:
- A website navigator bot to assist users in finding the resources they need.
- A bot integrated into Kids Help Phone’s “Resources Around Me” web app, which helps young people to find places in their neighbourhood that can provide in-person help
- A Live Chat Navigator chatbot that will keep young people occupied and engaged during the wait to speak to a counsellor online.
Filament is also developing two custom Machine Learning models that will be integrated to the chatbot solution and help to further improve the User Experience:
- Custom Language Model trained on historical conversations young people have had with Kids Help Phone
- Integration to an existing Risk Assessment model to ensure that young people experiencing a crisis can be moved up in the queue and get the assistance they need faster..