We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Senior Frontend Engineer to join the EBM product development team.
The candidate will play a crucial role in helping to build a great user experience in the front-end of our leading chatbot management product. You’ll work with a highly skilled team of software engineers and report into the Head of Software Engineering (Product). You’ll also have opportunity to collaborate and work with other teams across Filament.
Location: UK based, working from home and our Southampton or London offices.
- Build and maintain the frontend for our EBM platform written in React JS (with Redux)
- Implement new features
- Diagnose and fix bugs
- Write unit tests
- Work closely with our UI/UX designer when designing new features
- Participate in our agile development process
- Daily standup
- Sprint planning and retrospective
- Ticket management with JIRA
The skills you will need
- A strong development background
- Experience with Front End development and web technologies
- Experience building web applications with React
- Understanding of state-container architecture (Redux)
- Interest in maintaining and researching modern best practices
- Experience working with API endpoints
- Attention to detail in building quality user interfaces
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Organisation skills and ability to manage your own workload and Gitlab issue
The experience we’d like you to have
- 2+ years of professional development experience with React, Redux & CSS technologies
- Experience leading on FE architectural decisions and best practices.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with version control such as Git UX Design experience and experience building websites and components from provided designs
- An interest in experimenting with new web technologies and the ability to communicate findings to the rest of the team
About EBM & Filament
The Enterprise Bot Manager (EBM) is a platform that provides organisations with the tools and operating model required to quickly and effectively deliver your chatbot program and to manage and monitor it for continued success.
EBM is supported by a passionate team of conversational AI specialists to help clients get the most out of this technology.
We’re approved partners of Google, IBM and Microsoft, and our clients include HSBC, Tesco, NHS, NSPCC, L’Oreal, Rentokil, Royal Mail, and Boehringer Ingelheim.
EBM is part of Filament Consultancy Group
. Founded in 2016, Filament is a team of 35+ data scientists, machine learning engineers, developers and project managers dedicated to delivering scalable AI enabled solutions for our diverse range of clients. Filament’s offering includes a range of products and solutions:
Our five core values drive everything we do and as we scale, we will be looking to you to help us scale our culture at the same time.
- Our consultancy practice deals with strategic planning and internal education, particularly for C-suite clients looking to build AI capability into their group
- Our solutions agency builds AI technology as well as the applications that use it, like conversational interfaces and dashboards
- Our SaaS tooling platforms act as a hub and management suite for applied AI technology within enterprises
- Our R&D team makes sure that we are at the forefront of AI technology so that we can serve our services clients and platform users better
- Autonomy, able to own what you’re working on
- Boldness, to reflect Filament AI’s ambition
- Collaboration, able to help others do their best work
- Deep Fun, as in Deep Learning, able to make Filament AI a really enjoyable place to work (and able to come up with better AI-related puns than that)
- Excellence, so that we can trust each other to do great work well
Why you’ll love working with us
This role offers a great opportunity to join a company with a unique value proposition in the AI industry.
Filament AI has 3 offices globally – London, Southampton and Toronto – and our team is expanding. We put a lot of faith in our people, treat them really well and have a lot of fun together.
At the same time, we believe that our approach to AI will make us a global leader in enterprise-grade AI technology.
We love working with each other, and we’re confident we’re building something massive.